Before deciding to rent a property there are a few rules and regulations to be considered.
A Residential Tenancy Agreement (or lease) will be drawn up and is a legally binding contract that both you (the tenant) and the owner of the property (the landlord) must abide by.
A lease should include information such as:
- location of the property
- the total amount of the rent to be paid (weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
- the total amount of the bond
- commencement and end date of your tenancy
- the landlord’s name and signature
- the tenant’s name and signature
- any special conditions
If you have questions about how to find the right rental property for you or do not understand the process, please contact us on 03 5799 1111.